Careers at Trans Comms
Solutions Architect – Job Description
- You will join a dynamic, hard-working team who are experts in their field delivering IT infrastructure, WiFi & AV solutions to leading global organisations. The successful candidate will gain a wealth of experience working with a variety of systems and technologies.
- The position will be a mixture of pre and post-sales responsibilities required to design, cost and occasionally oversee the technical delivery & compliance of the solution in question.
- The role will require occasional travel to client sites around the UK, EMEA & occasionally further afield, to undertake site surveys, attend client meetings and diligently capture a detailed scope of client requirements, for which you will require a Full UK Driving License & Current UK Passport
- The role will require the ability to work both autonomously and as part of the wider pre-sale effort and project teams, coordinating certain aspects of projects, with a direct reporting line to Director level.
- An ability to compose and deliver both internal and client-facing presentations.
- Key Responsibilities:
- You will require demonstrable commercial awareness and an ability to utilise sophisticated Excel Costing Tools to create granular cost models and informative cost summaries, to enable informed commercial decisions to made at board level.
- You shall possess excellent communications skills, both written & verbal, with an ability to write well-constructed, technically comprehensive tender response documents, plus a range of other technical documentation.
- Design and coordination of IT Cabling Infrastructure, IP Security, Access Control, DAS, WiFi & AV solutions, based on leading-edge technologies, working closely with strategic technology partners.
- Conduct project-based site surveys anywhere in the world, to include detailed project documentation, from the design stage to production of O&M’s and client system handover/training documentation.
- You will ideally have experience of design and deployment of projects within a wide range of enterprise markets and environments, typically: Workplace, Data Centre, Campus, Public Spaces, Technology Roll-outs & Business Critical Spaces etc
- Have a good understanding of networking fundamentals including TCP/IP, Ethernet and Wireless LAN operation.
- You will ideally possess recognised industry-specific qualifications Cnet/BICSI, plus a range of leading manufacturer-specific solution training. Additional training will be made available.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including: Word, Excel, Power-Point, Project & Visio, plus AutoCAD.
If you’re an IT infrastructure designer, structured cabling or electrical engineer or AV technician, can show us that you put the customer first and have the commitment and tenacity to get the job done to their satisfaction then we’d be interested in talking to you.
The way we work needs a special sort of person. You’ll need to be a high achiever with an exceptional track record and genuine references – and that may mean we ask you to take us to visit one of your previous projects.
If you believe you’ve got what it takes, please send a personal email explaining why we should meet, along with your CV, to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.